Disability Awareness Training
Our trainers provide advice, support, consultancy and training in issues related to disability equality.
The course covers a broad perspective centred on equal access for disabled people to society and provides a good grounding for understanding and supporting the needs of disabled people.
The course includes the following topics.
- Preferred model of disability - Social model of disability.
- Traditional models of disability - Medical/individual and Charity models of disability.
- Perceptions of disability verses the reality.
- Ways of thinking about reasonable adjustment, Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- Disability and the inclusive environment.
- Disabled people and their access to goods and services.