Computer Configuration and Usage Training
Our trainers provide advice, support and training for blind or partially sighted people on the use of Windows based computers.
Training is available for all current and recent versions of the Windows operating system and commonly used applications such as word processors, spreadsheets, Internet browsers and email programs.
Vision impaired users benefit greatly from customisation of the settings in the operating system and applications, and this is included in the training.
There is often more than one way to perform key functions, and the training will help the user learn which method is most suited to them.
Training is customised to the needs of each user, and includes the following topics.
- Support with the use of Windows based computers from a vision impairment perspective.
- Support with the construction and maintenance of computer systems for the use of people with a vision impairment.
- Exploration in the navigation and use of a computer via the keyboard.
- Use of Windows 98, Millennium Edition, 2000, XP, Vista and Server 2003 operating systems.
- Word processing, based on Microsoft Word.
- Basic use of spreadsheets, based on Microsoft Excel.
- Access to and use of the Internet, based on Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Access to and use of e-mail, based on the use of Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook.